Saturday 12 October 2013

Reply (Email) From Marina Mandarin Hotel

Previously, I have written about my stay at Marina Mandarin both on this blog as well as a Tripadvisor review. My current recommendation is DO NOT STAY HERE.

The hotel subsequently sent me a email detailing the investigations they have done.
I found it interesting as I did not email any complaint to the management, but they took the effort to track me down.

--------------------------------------------
On 1 Oct, 2013, at 10:56 AM, "Wehinger, Kurt" <kurt.wehinger@meritushotels.com> wrote:
Dear Dr Ee

Thank you for your support for the Marina Mandarin and for sharing with us your feedback on your recent visit.

I am embarrassed by our inefficiency and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the service lapse.   We would like to assure you of our continuous efforts to improve our services and to meet our customers’ expectations wherever possible.

I have investigated into your feedback and would like to share with you the following findings:

Upgrading of room
Our Reception agent was at fault in assigning you to the next available room, which was a Premier category when your Deluxe room was not ready, and later changed it to an Executive Deluxe when this latter room became available.  The agent concerned has been advised to adhere strictly to our procedures and seek the assistance of her superior when in doubt. The misunderstanding between you and our staff could have been avoided.

Internet service
We are in consultation with our Broadband vendor to upgrade our infrastructure to meet the increasing demand. This investment has been proposed for in our Budget 2014/2015 to our owners.

Breakfast quality
Our Culinary team has been advised to constantly review their food replenishment, especially nearer to the breakfast closing time.

Re-used keycard jackets
We hope to have your understanding that our hotel is not re-using the jacket for the sake of cost cutting (the cost for each jacket is negligible), but rather it is our FO team’s initiative towards a “Green” environment.  Our hotel has been supporting the Green Mark for years and we encourage our staff to actively participate in this campaign.  In this instance, returned keycard jackets are sorted for their good quality and cleaned before re-using.  It is apparent that the jacket issued to you was missed during quality checks.

Dr Ee, your feedback is important to us as it enables us to take remedial actions to our shortfalls and maintain our high service standards.   We will definitely heed your advice to improve the overall experience for all our guests. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require my assistance.

Yours sincerely,
___________________________________

KURT O. WEHINGER
GENERAL MANAGER

------------------------------------------

I guess I am rather amused by the reply but somehow this quote came to my mind.


"Details of your incompetence do not interest me." Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada


One of my friends also told me he would not stay at any Meritus Hotel from now on after reading my review.


Well, methinks Marina Mandarin can be much much better at service recovery. This reply is hardly impressive.

Regards to all readers,
Fred










No comments:

Post a Comment