Wednesday 27 April 2016

Radisson Blu Plaza Oslo: Good location, and a dirty cloth

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Oslo

Good location, and a dirty cloth

Stayed Jan 2016
Published Apr 2016

After a great visit of Amsterdam and seeing the many attractions including the canals, museums and the buildings, I stopped in Oslo for the weekend before heading to Reykjavik.

The biggest reason I wanted to visit Oslo was to see the Opera House and the statue of Ms Kirsten Flagstad, the renowned Wagnerian soprano.

The search for hotels began with personal favourite Starwood, which turned out to be zero, and finally I found several Radisson (Club Carlson) hotels.

Since I was going to be in Oslo for just the weekend, I needed somewhere central and considering all the factors, the answer was clearly the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel.

The hotel was affected by a strike by the time of writing. http://www.reuters.com/article/norway-strike-idUSL5N17Q070



Located at the central terminal connecting the airport express to the city, it was ideal for easy transfers.

So I arrived at the airport and was able to buy return tickets for the airport express with my credit card (I didn't have any Norwegian Krone with me).

This took me smoothly to the city and the hotel was just a 2 min walk away.

The front desk was on the ground floor and was extremely busy. It was a good 20min of waiting before my turn.

As a Gold Club Carlson member, I was upgraded to a Business Room on a high floor.


The room was of a good size, however, there was no complimentary bottled water. I was advised to drink from the tap by the staff.

The bathroom was on the small size but it managed to fit a bathtub and I was happy to have warm tiles to step on in the cold weather.



The bath amenities are the standard Radisson Blu's. It was ok but I preferred my own. Or the Ferragamo from the Waldorf Astoria.



I had a room with city view and the height of the hotel does provide a good panorama.


The hotel has a good (but not excellent) breakfast service and this is obvious from the crowd every morning.





There are some hot dishes and with scrambled and hard-boiled eggs. Not a lavish buffet but definitely great to start the day with.


The sauna, gym and pool are located in the upper floors of the building and one must climb some stairs to reach them.

The pool is small but heated. And no one was using it at all.


Right at the top is the small gym, offering glorious views of the fjord.


A very functional stay without much issues.

Except, the dirty cloth in the room when I checked in.

I have no idea if it was left behind by the previous guest or the housekeeping, but it should not be there. Right?




Happy and Healthy Travels to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment